This post may include affiliate links. Please read the disclaimer for more info.
Creating content for your audience requires time, effort, and of course money. So, in order for you to earn your investment back, and at the same time keep your blogging business running which will support the life you want, you need to partner with companies and help them generate more sales. In return, these companies give a commission for every sale. This method of how to make money blogging is called affiliate marketing. In fact, I have a list of high-paying affiliate programs that are perfect for new bloggers like you.
This time, we’re going to talk about an affiliate network that will help increase your affiliate sales even more. That is the ShareASale affiliate program.
What is the ShareASale affiliate program?
ShareASale is an Affiliate Marketing network that caters to affiliate partners and merchants.
How does the ShareASale affiliate program work?
Here are 3 easy steps to become a ShareASale affiliate partner.
- Create a free ShareASale account
- As soon as your application is approved, you can immediately log in to your dashboard, search for merchants in your blog niche, and apply to their affiliate program.
- Promote ShareASale merchants on your blog and start earning commissions.
How would you know if your application is approved?
Upon submission, you will receive an email as acknowledgment. They will inform you that your application is being reviewed and the results will be released within 3 to 5 business days. In my case, it only took 24 hours before I received a welcome email.
What to do if your ShareASale application is declined?
This happened to me twice. The first was in August 2019 and the second was in March 2020. Unfortunately, they won’t say the exact reason why my applications were declined. But they encourage me to reapply. Luckily this time, I’m in.
The only reason I can think of is that I don’t have proper legal pages on my blog. This was before I found out about Amira’s best-selling legal templates for bloggers. Having legal templates drafted by a lawyer, not to mention a 6-figure blogger, gave me peace of mind. Moreover, the legal templates are very easy to use, very similar to uploading a blog post. I also realized that these legal templates helped my blog establish credibility. In fact, after I uploaded my legal templates, I have been receiving emails regarding sponsored blog posts.
The legal templates made my blog look legit. So, if you want businesses to take your blog seriously, Amira’s best-selling legal templates is an excellent investment.
How to apply as a ShareASale affiliate partner?
Step 1. Click here to go to the ShareASale website and click Affiliate Sign Up.
Step 2. Next, you will be redirected to another page where they will ask you to create your username, password, and indicate the country you live in.
Step 3. Then, they will ask for your blog URL and ask a few questions about your blog.
Step 4. Enter your best email address
Step 5. Read and agree to terms and conditions
How do I get paid as a ShareASale affiliate partner?
Here list of the payment methods available for ShareASale affiliate partners
- Direct deposit. The fastest and easiest way to get your payments each month. Just fill out our secure banking form and get your payments faster. But if you’re in the Philippines like me, this option is not available.
- Check in the mail. Expect to receive your mailed check within 1-2 weeks, or 1-3 days for FedEx. Mailed checks will go to the address on file. Charges are as follows:
- Check via Postal Mail
- Check via FedEx ($20)
- Check via FedEx to Canada ($35)
- Check via International FedEx ($55)
- Wire deposit ($29)
- Payoneer – I choose this option.
*Payments are sent on the 20th of every month.
Pros of the ShareASale affiliate program
1. So many merchants to choose from. When you click Search for Merchants, you will find featured categories at the top. Some of these are:
- Marketing Calendar
- Home and Garden
- If you want to check out recommended merchants, click the New Programs and Power Rank
2. Earn up to $100/sale. This depends on the merchant you want to promote on your blog. Semrush for example, an SEO keyword research tool is giving away $100 commission on every sale. Other merchants offer sales commission by percentage. Some can go as high as 30% like ShareASale.
3. ShareASale has excellent email support. If you’re new to affiliate marketing, or you have questions regarding your account, ShareASale is always there to answer your inquiries. You can scroll down to the very bottom of their web page and click Submit a Ticket.
Cons of ShareASale affiliate program
As for the cons, I can only think of one thing. That is, your inbox will be bombarded with emails, lots of them.
There are merchants who submit weekly newsletters, informing you about current promotions, discounts, and future sale dates.
You will also receive emails from ShareASale themselves. You will appreciate these, because it will give you an overview of the program, setting expectations, and ways to reach out to them in case you need help.
So, if you have more than 10 merchants, I suggest you create a tracker for your products and affiliate links. This way, you can monitor your sales, and never miss out on current deals and promos.
What to do next after creating a free account with ShareASale
After receiving a welcome email from ShareASale, you may now log in to your dashboard and search for merchants to promote on your blog. Below is a video tutorial I uploaded on our YouTube channel to help as your guide.
Please like and subscribe if you want more videos like this.
Is it worth it to be a ShareASale affiliate partner?
Absolutely. ShareASale is like a one-stop-shop for merchants and affiliate partners. Moreover, they provide security that you will be paid.
That’s it for today about the ShareASale affiliate program. Don’t worry I will keep you posted on my journey towards how to make money blogging as an affiliate partner. Hopefully, you can sign up as early as today so you can start monetizing your blog.
A few reminders.
- Apply with merchants related to your niche. Not all merchants will approve your application to join their program. They need to be sure that your content is aligned with the company’s mission and vision. For example, would you sell pet supplies if you blog about kitchen and bathroom renovations?
- Legal pages. You only need three. In fact, my previous blog post can educate you on how to blog legally
- Add an affiliate disclaimer on every blog post. This goes hand in hand with your legal pages. Notice the disclaimer I have at the beginning of this blog post?
I hope you find this blog post helpful. Is this your first time to know about ShareASale? What are your thoughts about it? Let us know in the comments. Take care.